Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The one for Jessi

(Note: this post is from like the first week in June)

I'm working an awful lot considering I don't have a paying job. Since I got back from that whole ridiculous thing that you can read about in my two previous posts, I have spent a lot of time in the MCC Office catching up on my Accounts Payable work for the house. I have also spend a lot of time at Sex Out Loud finishing up the last minute preparations for some info we need to submit before the end of the fiscal year. It's not that bad, considering I don't actually have a job, but I wish I were taking more time to enjoy myself.

Yesterday I finished up a few more things in the Sex Out Loud office, and then when to the Social Justice Center (to support, please go here) for a board meeting. After that, Kathy and I went out to lunch. We had planned on going to Mickey's, a fun tavern/restaurant on the near-east side, one of my favorite areas (right in between Wil-Mar and Atwood, actually), but they are only open for lunch on the weekends, so we went to Wong's nearby. Then we both went back to the office and worked and gossiped until 5:30, and then decided to grab dinner at the Weary Traveler, my favorite place as I'm sure you all know by now. Then we carpooled to the board meeting. It was super fun working all day with Kathy. I adore this woman.



So, last night I went to another MCC Board Meeting as the minutes taker. I get really weird and nostalgic going to these meetings, but it was nice to see that the Board is continuing to dysfunction at the same level that it did pretty much for the past 3 years. It was fun and a reasonable source of temporary employment, but after Kathy dropped me off at my car, I decided I wanted to stop by a non-local drive-through joint for a delicious cherry-lime treat. So I drove all the way over there and when I pulled up to the menu to order, I realized that they were giving away free root beer floats. Here is my free root beer float:


Obviously they were giving them away in order to market their company, so in order to share the appreciation of the free float and still foil their plan I've intentionally left out their name to keep them anonymous.

But a root beer float is not a cherry-limeade. So...


I also bought a cherry limeade
Obviously this is why I'm round. And an idiot. Mmm...cherry-limeade.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I can tell when you drove up to S**** that you said to yourself, "Now, what would Jessi do?" Because, clearly, I would get BOTH a cherry limeade & a *FREE* root beer float because, Hello, I love beverages! I can't tell you how much I love you for thinking like me and doing the Right Thing. This post made me laugh, cry, and generally just want to get some drinks at S****. (Although I don't really know why we must keep the name anonymous. However, you can see I respect your wishes, as odd as they might be.) This post rocked my world, and so do you. Love you, babe. :)