Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The grad school application process:

...it's still going. I've almost made my final selections. The GRE is next week. And today at lunch I brought out my sister's laptop (mine is still bordering on deceased), and spontaneously wrote 2/3 of an actually-decent statement of purpose. My writing was so eloquent and thorough I've even inspired myself to pursue the research I was talking about doing.

I obviously couldn't establish a precedent of productivity, so of course blogging was the next obvious action.

Yesterday it snowed: medium sized, thick white flakes flurrying down in a quick mess. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't accompanied by a sudden temperature drop below freezing; winter has hit hard. I am looking for a hat to compensate for my lack of hair, and I saw the perfect one yesterday...on someone else's head. After much searching on the internet, I've come to believe it was the combination of these two:



It was the size and shape of the white one, without the poms (just the sort of bunches on the end of the strings of the grey one), and with the cabling pattern on the grey one. It was also a slightly creamy white. I'm jealous. If I had circular needles I would be trying to make it right now, but I just do not know how to do cabling.

At least I have a project for if I don't get into grad school. And since I will be poor, unemployed, and saddled with a huge amount of debt, I better damn well know how to make my own clothes. At least I can be a fashionable street-person.

No comments: