Monday, March 1, 2010

New month

Well, it's been a while!

I haven't posted anything substantive in a while because I've been having some personal trouble that I've really been focused on in my life. I moved to NY into a two-bedroom apartment that a woman posted on Craig's List. I know that that's a risky thing, finding someone on the internet and it could have been much worse, but it is practically impossible to find an affordable apartment with out being in New York City. I needed someplace to live before school started, and I settled for something acceptable.

In short, it was a bad situation. And I know it's a bad idea to bitch about people on the internet. So I won't list her offenses or defend my responses or try to convince you that it sucked. But, suffice to say, that for the last one and a half months I've felt a weight settle on my shoulders when I got off the train and started walking back to my apartment. The dread of going to where you are supposed to sleep at night has been taking a serious toll on my mental health: depression and anxiety combined to essentially make me sick to my stomach. All of the time. I became an ornery, self-centered wretch. If you called me, all I would talk about was moving, packing, and my jerky flatmate. It was awful.

Time passed. I searched for apartments FOREVER. Eventually, I found a place, I found sublettors, I waited and packed and waited and waited. I tried to work and meet people and failed. I signed a lease and worried about being scammed. And FINALLY, yesterday I was fortunate enough to move the fuck out of there. And I feel totally great. Totally free.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

SO FREAKING HAPPY THAT THIS NEEDED ALL CAPS!!!!! Love you and I'm SO glad you are happier....can't wait to see you!!! xoxoxo