Saturday, December 12, 2009

Don't worry, I'm probably going to cut it

I can't believe I just wrote this in an academic paper, brackets and all. I'm such a tool.:

"Now, it’s not uncommon for me to cry at good theatre. Even mediocre theatre. As I once told a friend, I like to ride the [emotional] rollercoaster as they’ve built it for me, but when I get off I can tell you if it was worth the cost of the admission. This is somewhat misleading: I’m seriously acrophobic, which keeps me from enjoying most rollercoaster rides. I can take the spinning ones, that keep you low to the ground. But that’s it. A trip to an amusement park is only amusing for my friends. I usually shed a tear or two where I am supposed to, at the appropriate point of the show. When someone good dies, or when anyone is faced with the inevitable cruelness of life, I tear up. But at the beginning of an overpriced, corporatized, not just corporatized but Disneyfied, kid’s show that cost me over 100 bucks to get into? I think not."

1 comment:

Tas said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA hahahahahaha. Oh man.

Wait, is this about Lion King? sadface!