Sunday, November 8, 2009

Well, this is actually kind of a boring one.

Today I'm genuinely back in business! You can tell because I walked to the train and went into town. I stopped at several pharmacies and finally found a cheap humidifier. The air here is incredibly wet when it is warm and very dry when it is cold; hopefully this will help me get rid of the cough that always sticks around after I am sick. I also walked through Times Square and went to the Mid-Manhattan Library and did some reading for school. Then I walked around Midtown a bit.

This weekend has, much to my chagrin/happiness, been quite productive. I finished up my reading for Tuesday and Thursday already, and I am finishing listening to some recordings for Tuesday right now. Tonight I will read through as much as I can for Wednesday, and hopefully finish that as well. It will feel very good to actually be ahead. Before class I'll review the readings, and in the meanwhile I will prepare the readings I need to distribute to my research class for the 1/2 of class I'm teaching the week after. I will also start the readings for that week as well, so that I can enjoy myself in D. C. this weekend.

Some suggestions I have heard so far for a house-warming gift:
beer/something drinkable
plant/s
something decorative (I have already threatened to get them a bowl with those decorative balls in it...we both hate those things)
something edible (if I can find coconut strings I can try this great recipe)

More ideas!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

My cough lasted for 3 weeks AFTER I was starting to feel better. I wish I would have gotten some anti-viral drugs! I am jealous--they wouldn't give me anything!