Wednesday, November 25, 2009

In which my oven can't count

Last night I baked Rachel's Mom Muffins. Remember the incident with the cake where I doubled the recipe but got three cakes out of it? Well obviously I have a problem because this time I doubled the recipe which makes two dozen muffins and got...24 muffins. WTF?!

Admittedly we had two different muffin pans and I like muffin tops*, so some of them were ginormous. I just didn't realize how ginormous.

Today Kristen comes into town. Well, she was going to come into town this morning or last night or something. But she is a busy busy bee, so I will just sit here and twiddle my thumbs until she deigns to call me and tell me what is going on.

This evening I get a visit from Rachel R! I love this lady. I met her at the co-op and we lived together for three and a half years. I have been needing some Rachel R in my life!

Tonight we also begin the cooking process for t-day. (The muffins and sangria don't count, they are nibbles for the rest of the weekend.) We are going to buy a crusty loaf of bread (I wish we could wait until tomorrow for that loaf, but I think a lot of bakeries are closed...), make the dessert and start the turkey. I bet you want to know what we're cooking internet, but you're just going to have to wait!

Here are some photos to distract you from the fact that blogging this week will probably suck:

Staples:


My new humidifier. Why yes, that is a dolphin!:


Attack!:


omgkill it!:


Cat in a basket. Don't ask how he got up there:




*The main reason I like muffin tops, other than deliciousity, is because it is the only fat-positive slang I've ever heard. I have my own muffin top, and I love it!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I <3 your muffin top, and mine, and I love you too! :) Thanks for your sweet email, I'll be getting back to you soon.

Tas said...

That is the world's CUTEST humidifier.