Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Always the wrong kind of productivity

Well, I stayed after class and worked on my paper for several hours this evening. But I don't have anywhere near the draft that I need prepared. But that's ok. At least I worked on it.

Now, I'm burning baking Rachel's Mom Muffins. Listening to Pale Young Gentlemen and Erin McKeown. And making sangria for (another) Rachel.

Autumn Sangria:

1 large bottle cheap cheap cheap Merlot

1 cup sugar

dash of nutmeg, dash of all spice, big dash of cinnamon

two apples, thinly sliced

about 8 cinnamon sticks

1 liter ginger ale

Bring the wine (with sugar and ground spices mixed in) to a gentle simmer (Warning: if you let it get above simmering, the alcohol will boil off!) When simmering is achieved, add the apples and cinnamon sticks and mix for a few minutes. Take off heat and refrigerate at least 24 hours. Before serving, strain if desired, and mix with ginger ale.

2 comments:

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Yum! You should bring this for Christmas! I'd love to get drunk with you, I mean, try it! :D